Do you need your M-Pesa statements for personal or business reasons? If yes, this guide on How to Get M-Pesa Statements will come in handy.
With M-Pesa statements, you can track your spending and get insights into where you spend most of your money.
Do you know that you can even automate your M-Pesa statements? So that you can be receiving them even without requesting them? What if you need statements for the previous year? Read on to find out.
What is an M-Pesa Statement?
An M-Pesa statement is a document that shows all the transactions you’ve made on your M-Pesa account for a specific period. This also includes M-pesa withdrawal charges and any other transactions you may have made on your mpesa.
The statement can be physical or digital and can cover any period from 24 hours to the last year.
We have two types of statements:
- Mini statement
- M-Pesa full statement
A mini statement only shows the last five transactions, while a complete statement will have all the details of your M-Pesa activity for the specified period.
How to Get M-Pesa Statements
This guide will show you the various methods you can use to get your M-Pesa statements.
There are different methods to get your M-Pesa statement. With all these ways, there are requirements that you should meet to complete the process of getting an M-Pesa statement.
1) Get M-Pesa Statement via email.
This is probably one of the best ways to get all your M-Pesa statements. All you need is an email address and an active M-Pesa account registered under your name.
With this process, you’ll be getting your M-Pesa statements in your email automatically every 5th of each month.
To receive M-Pesa statements via email, follow these steps:
- Dial *234# from your Safaricom line
- Select option five, “M-Pesa information,” from the pop-up menu and press the ok button.”
- Select the first menu option, “M-Pesa statement.“
- Select option 1 “Request Statement”.
- If you want to get a mini statement, reply with option 2. For a complete report, choose option 1.
- Select the period for which you need the statement. You will be prompted to enter your email address.
- Enter the email address where you want to receive the statement and press Ok. Confirm that all the details are correct, then press Ok to proceed.
- Confirm the address: type in your email address accurately and submit.
How do you download the sent email online?
You need to follow the procedure below to download a PDF of your statement,
- Enter your email account and scroll to the Safaricom email with your statement.
- This email is secured, meaning you will need to have a password
- You will key in your identification number or any other documents you used to register your line at the space where you are prompted for a password.
These documents could be:
- National ID
- Military ID
- Diplomatic ID
- Alien ID
2) How to get an M-Pesa statement via the self-care portal.
The self-care portal is a website by Safaricom where you can view your M-Pesa statements. It’s quite a simple process, and you don’t need to be a tech-savvy person to do it.
With the selfcare method, you can customize the period for which you need the statement.
This means you can get statements anytime, unlike the email method, where you can only get monthly statements.
To get your M-Pesa statement from the selfcare portal, follow these steps:
- Visit the Safaricom self-care website.
- Create an account by tapping the register button
- Agree to the terms and conditions
- Confirm your phone number, and they will send an SMS to the number you entered.
- M-Pesa statement login: use the credentials you entered during registration to log in
- Follow on-screen instructions to get your statement.
3) How to get an M-Pesa statement using the M-Ledger app
You can also use the M-Ledger M-Pesa app that scans your existing M-Pesa text messages on your phone and afterward creates a database from them.
The higher the amount of M-Pesa information M-Ledger will have to process.
Download M-ledger from your play store, and then follow the procedure below:
The app will do the following:
- Show your current balance
- Import up to 6 months of your M-Pesa transaction
- Access all your recent transactions
- Calculate transaction costs via its in-built calculator
- See transactions you have made per person or company
- Access information about your transaction types such as paybill, airtime, deposit, etc.
- Gives a summary of your data in charts and graphs
Benefits of using M-Ledger
It is convenient, easy to use, and does a good job analyzing your transactions into friendly readable formats, unlike the statements which report the data the way it is
It is also the only method that gives you your statements for six months.
Generally, M-Pesa statements are essential to any person or organization because:
- It ensures one tracks their expenditures
- There is credibility in an organization
- It enables healthy allocations of funds.
In conclusion, statements are critical to individuals and organizations. The methods of getting the statements have been outlined above for your convenience.
Make a choice that works best for you and will serve your purpose. Remember, you can always get in touch with Safaricom customer care in case of any challenges.