Are you looking for a loan that you can access through your mobile phone? Look no further because, in this article, I will tell you all about the Zenka loan app.
I will also show you how to download, register for an account and apply for a loan with Zenka. Lastly, I will show you how you can repay your Zenka loan quickly.
What is Zenka Loan App?
Zenka is a mobile loan app developed by Zenka Finance Limited, a Fintech company in Kenya. After its launch in 2018, the Zenka app enables customers to borrow loans with a simple click on their mobile phones.
Ever since it was launched, Zenka has been downloaded over 100,000+ times on Google Play Store. It has 58,000 reviews and a star rating of 4.0.
Here is how to get started with Zenka Loan App:
Zenka Loan App Download Latest in Kenya
The following is a step-by-step guide on the Zenka loan app download, how to register Zenka loan, and how to apply for a loan with Zenka App:
- Open the Play Store (Google or Apple Store) on your phone and search for the term “Zenka.”
- Download and install the Zenka App.
- After the Zenka loan app download, open the Zenka App to register/sign up and fill in an application form with basic information such as name, address, mobile number, and ID Number (no collateral required).
- Choose the loan amount you qualify for, or you intend to use (Smart Tip- Always choose the amount you know you can repay)
- If successful, Zenka sends your loan to your M-Pesa account.
How to Apply for a Loan via USSD
You can also apply for a loan via the USSD code. Here is how you do it:
- Open your phone Dial screen
- Dial *841#
- Follow the prompts to complete the application process
- If successful, they will deposit funds into your M-Pesa account.
This process is good, though I prefer the previous method of applying for a Zenka loan. Through the Zenka App.
How Do I Repay Zenka Loan?
Zenka requests repayment of the total amount within two months from the date of application.
If you cannot repay your Zenka loan in time, Zenka will call or send a message to remind you and ask if you need more time to pay it back.
To get started on paying off your Zenka loan:
- Open up the Zenka App → Select Pay Off Zenka Loan → You will see the Zenka loan you need to repay.
- Select Pay Off Zena and follow the instructions on the screen to pay your Zenka loan.
- Choose how much money you want to use for repayment of the Zenka loan.
- Lastly, click on the “Repay now” button and follow the loan repayment user prompts to complete your transaction.
- You will receive an SMS notification to confirm your loan repayment.
Zenka Loan Eligibility and Requirements
Zenka mobile loan app is only available to users who already own a phone. Users must be 18 years old with a valid national ID and also be registered Safaricom subscribers. Zenka will use your phone data to find out the user’s eligibility further.
Users must also have an active M-Pesa account before applying for a loan. Zenka uses the existing Safaricom data to link your users with your Safaricom mobile money wallet.
Zenka App Loan Terms
The following are Zenka terms when you apply for a loan with them:
- Zenka mobile loan app has a one-time processing fee of KSh 45 – Ksh 870 for the application
- You can borrow between the minimum and maximum loan amount, ranging from 500 to 30,000 Kenyan Shillings.
- The repayment period is 61 days or 180 days but must repay in full after this period expires.
- The Zenka app also allows you to grow your limit by making on-time payments, and it charges an annual percentage rate that falls within 70% to 224%. For example, if you take a loan of the Zenka app for 61 days, the APR is 179.51%. The total loan amount borrowed will be KSh 1000, and the processing fee will be KSh 300. The total cost of your loan would be KSh 1300 (Ksh1000+300).
Zenka Loan App Contacts.
Suppose you are stuck or experiencing issues with the loan app and looking for their contacts. You can contact the Zenka loan app support team through either one of the following methods.
- On Google Play Store, via the app reviews section.
- Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lastly, you can also contact the support team via phone by calling their call center number + 254 020 765 0878
Other similar loan apps like this one include:
Zenka Frequently Asked Questions
The following are some of the common questions and answers regarding Zenka:
1. How do I get a loan from Zenka?
To get a loan from Zenka, you need to register on Zenka either through the app or Zenka USSD code *841#.
2. How much can I borrow from Zenka?
You can borrow from KSh 500 to KSh 30,000. The higher amount depends on how well you are repaying your loans and other factors.
3. How can I get a Zenka loan through SMS?
As explained above, Zenka can also be accessed by dialing *841# on your mobile phone.
4. How does the Zenka loan app work?
The entire process takes place via your mobile phone, either through the Zenka app or USSD code. You download the app, register, and apply.
They use various data to determine your creditworthiness and will send your loan to M-Pesa.
5. How do I apply for a loan extension via Zenka Loan App?
You can do this through the app or the USSD code. You can log into the app and apply for a loan extension if you have an existing loan.
Zenka is an excellent way to get an instant loan, especially if you are using your phone. They are fast and not like banks where it takes a lot of time and complicated processes.