In a world where it’s challenging to get approved for loans, the Tala loan app has come up as one of the best solutions. The mobile loans app offers instant loans of up to Ksh 30,000 – with flexible repayment schedules that are updated right away!
They offer instant mobile loans between the range of Ksh 500 to Ksh. 30,000.
I will take you through how to get started with Tala App in Kenya and how you can get your loan straight to M-Pesa.
If you don’t know, we knew it as Mkopo Rahisi, one of Kenya’s fantastic mobile loan apps. They launched it in Kenya in 2014 and had been helping many Kenyans sort out their financial situations.
|Max loan Amount||Ksh 30,000|
|Loan Term||30 Days|
Tala Loan App Download Today
Follow the following steps for the Tala loan app download Kenya today and install the Tala app to your mobile phone:
- If you are on an android phone, visit Google PlayStore and search for Tala.
- Check the reviews on Google Play, and you will see all the excellent reviews about this app.
- Download Tala App and install the Tala loan on your smartphone.
- You are now ready to use and apply for a loan.
That is it; you are done with the Tala app download step; let us move to the next step.
How do I register on the Tala app?
After the Tala app downloads and install next, register; the registration process is simple. There is no Tala loan application form online as many think because you do everything on your phone. Check the following Tala Registration process:
- Once you download the Tala app, open it up, and they will ask you to link your mobile number.
- The number will be verified and will register you automatically.
- It will check for information about you on your phone. This information is from your SMS to see how you transact M-Pesa, your income, and other information. It also uses your CRB Status to determine your credit score.
- You are registered and now have an account where you can apply for your loan.
How do I apply for a Tala loan?
Once installed, go through the process to apply for Tala mobile loan application to check if you qualify or not. You will fill in some questions before being granted credit. I find these questions research questions and don’t matter whether you are eligible for your mobile loan.
If you don’t qualify, keep trying and let it stay on your phone, don’t uninstall it. If you are eligible, you will get an offer worth the amount you qualify for.
They give you two options for repaying your loan. You can choose to pay after seven days or after 30 days. The longer it takes to pay, the more expenses it will be.
Please choose an option you are comfortable with; I find the seven days so little because time goes by quickly.
After you click accept, they will send the money instantly to your M-Pesa account. That answers the question of how long does Tala takes to approve a loan?
How do you pay Tala?
Once you receive your loan, there will come a time when you will have to repay the Tala loan. Here is how you can repay your Tala loan step-by-step:
a. How to pay Tala loan via M-Pesa
This is an excellent way to repay your Tala loan using the Tala PayBill Number. I would only recommend this if you want to make quick installment payments and don’t have an internet connection or have deleted the Tala App on your phone.
Here is how to Pay Tala loan via Mpesa PayBill:
- Open Mpesa on your phone
- Select Lipa Na Mpesa
- Enter Tala PayBill Number 851900,
- Use your phone number as the account number. (Remember to use the phone number you used to get a loan from Tala.
- Enter the amount you wish to repay your Tala loan. You can make partial payments.
- Complete the process by entering your PIN.
You can also pay Tala loan using Mpesa for another number. Just make sure you select the number of your friend or family member as the account number when paying using the Tala PayBill number.
After paying the Tala loan via Mpesa, they will send you a message to confirm they have received your Tala Payment.
b. How to repay Tala via the Tala app
This is the easiest way and most recommended way to repay Tala Loan. All you need is the Tala App and an internet connection.
Follow these steps, and you can repay your Tala loan:
- Launch the Tala App on your Smartphone
- Enter your PIN
- If you had taken a loan, it would show on the APP
- Click on “Make a Payment
- Enter the amount you wish to pay. Or Pay the entire loan amount.
- Click Make Payment,
- This will send a push notification to Mpesa, and it will open Mpesa on your phone.
- Enter your Mpesa PIN, and that is it.
Tala will send you a confirmation message, and you will notice they have cleared the loan on the APP.
If you ever encounter a problem with a Tala loan and looking for Tala Contacts, then read on how to contact the team. There might be many reasons you need to reach Tala Kenya, and here are some ways to get in touch with them:
- On the mobile app,
- Via SMS
- Social Media
Now let me take you through the above steps of contacting them.
How to Contact Tala Customer Care
a. Contacting Tala Using the mobile app
Tala has made the loan app in a way that it is easier to reach them. All you need to do is to log in to the app.
Once logged in, click on the “View FAQs or send us a message” link. Clicking on this link will take you to the FAQs page.
At the bottom of this page, there is a line. Have a question about something? Click on it and a red button with MESSAGE US text written on it. Click on it.
Once clicked, it will open a new page with the title My Tickets Click on the + sign and enter a description (The issue you need to be sorted out).
The best thing is to attach screenshots to this section, and they will get back to you.
b. Contacting Tala through SMS
They have a number that they used to contact you. You can use the same phone number to reach Tala. Here is the text number they use: 21991.
c. You can contact them through email.
Use the following email address to contact Tala firstname.lastname@example.org.
d. We also found them on Social Media.
They also have an active social media presence, and you can contact them and get a quick response.
Well, now you have over one way of contacting them. Please only post on one platform at a time. Wait for a few hours before posting again on another platform. I recommend using the app first.
Tala frequently asked questions.
These are the most frequently asked questions about Tala:
1. How does Tala decide to approve a loan?
They base loan decisions on lots of information, including income, repayment of the other loans, M-Pesa usage, and additional information.
Tala users provide this information by using the app and filling out a brief survey. Then Tala AI (Artificial intelligence) builds a personal credit profile.
Rejected borrowers are encouraged to keep the app installed & will be contacted to reapply later.
2. What are Tala’s fees and schedules?
Tala charges a flat service fee for each loan. They provide a 30-day loan with a service fee ranging from 7% and up to 19%. They also offer a 21-day loan with a service fee ranging from 5% up to 14%.
3. How can I reset my PIN?
You can reset your Pin by signing into the tala app by clicking “forgot pin.” It will require you to enter your National ID number to verify your identity. You will then receive a verification Code on your phone by SMS that you can use to choose a new pin.
4. What do I do if Tala is crashing?
If the app keeps, you may fix it yourself. Head over to Settings > Apps or Application Manager >Tala and click Clear data. If it keeps on crashing again, contact Tala.
5. What does Tala do with the answers borrowers provide in the loan application process?
Tala uses your answers to the loan application questions as one component of determining your credit witness and debt capacity.
6. How much could one qualify for?
The maximum you can qualify for is KES. 30,000
7. Can one use Tala in another language?
Yes! When you log in, tap the menu button at the top right. From there, one can change languages on the next screen.
8. Where can one download the app?
You can download Tala from the Google App store.
Tala Loan Conclusion
In summary, Tala is the best mobile loan app in Kenya. As of now, their rates are reasonable, and the response time is excellent. I have taken you through the tala app download and install process and how you can get a loan from them.
Tala Loan is ideal for these borrowers:
- Kenyans 18 years old and above with an Android mobile device
- People in Kenya who need cash urgently.
- Someone with no or bad credit history can borrow money from Tala
- For people who are busy and don’t have time to spare, Tala offers an easy and convenient application process.
If you like to watch, here is a video describing the process of applying for a Tala Loan: