Learn how to check your (Kenya Power and Lighting Company) KPLC bill online in this brief article.
KPLC eBill is an electronic service for querying electricity bills from The Kenya Power & Lighting Company. It allows you to manage your electricity account by checking your balance and statement due to date at any time through SMS or email.
Read also How to Pay Your Electricity Bill Via M-Pesa
How to Check KPLC Bill Online
How to Use KPLC eBill Service
The E-bill SMS service allows you to check your electricity account balance and bill due to your mobile phone date. The following are steps for checking your electricity bill through SMS
How to Check KPLC bill via SMS
This service applies to all Kenyan networks and is charged at Ksh 5.
- Open a new SMS message service.
- Enter the message recipient as 95551
- Enter the first digits of your account number in the message field. e.g., if your account number is 562897-01, enter 562897.
- Wait for an automatic reply with your account balance details.
E-bill email Service
It is crucial to enter the correct account number details and follow the procedure to send the message to get a positive response.
Also, note that despite the introduction of eBill services, your average electricity bill is still being dispatched to your postal address.
Checking KPLC bill via email Service
The eBill email service lets you check your electricity account balance and get your electricity statement and bill due date via email. It would help if you had Internet connectivity to conduct your KPLC electricity bill inquiry via email successfully.
Steps for checking electricity bills via email service.
- Log in to your email account and compose a new email.
- Enter the first part of your Account Number in the subject field. For example, if your account number is 879833-04, enter 879833.
- Send the blank email message to [email protected]
- You will receive an automatic reply with your account balance details and payment due date.
How to check Kenya Power Bill Online
This is one of the most reliable ways to conduct your Kenya power bill inquiry. Using this method, you will get your KPLC balance online.
You can check the KPLC bill online by visiting the Kenya power company online portal, where you can enter the first part of your account number in the box written account name below, then click submit.
It is essential to key in the correct account number and follows the message’s procedure to get a positive response.
NOTE: If you enter the whole account number and click submit, you will get the above image’s message. Enter the first part of your Account Number only as shown.
Also, note that despite the introduction of eBill services, your detailed electricity bill will continue to be dispatched to your postal address.
You should receive an automatic response with your account balance details if you followed the instruction correctly.
There is also a KPLC Android App, which you can download from the Android Playstore or IOs for the above functionality and conveniently check your KPLC online bill.
See also How to Buy Tokens Via Mpesa
KPLC eBill Statement
To get your KPLC eBill statement, follow the following steps.
- Use your KPLC account number as the subject of the email
- Write a blank email to [email protected]
- You will receive an automated email within minutes with your entire statement.