If you are a farmer and you’re looking for the best disease-resistant, wide-yielding tomato variety, then the Star 9065F1 is for you.
Star 9065F1 is a product of Starke Ayres Kenya, an agricultural company that provides seeds to farmers in various parts of the country.
Apart from being the leading moneymaker among tomato varieties in Kenya, the star 9065F1 is a determinate tomato hybrid.
Okay, enough small talk and all the praising, let’s delve in and see what this tomato variety is made of.
Star 9065F1 Characteristics
- The 9065 F1 tomato is a fresh market variety that produces firm and elongated cylindrical fruits with an average mass of 100 – 120 grams with long shelf life.
- The 9065F1 tomato is suitable for growth in drier or humid areas. (Open-field tomato variety in Kenya)
- Has a high disease tolerance to Powdery Mildew, Fusarium Race 1 & 2, Bacterial Wilt, Verticillium Race 1, Nematodes, and, lastly, the Tobacco Mosaic Virus.
- Star 9065F1 has a maturity period of approximately 75 – 80 days to the first harvest after transplanting.
- The star 9065F1 is slightly bushy and can be staked or left unstacked as a determinate tomato variety.
- Like any other tomato variety, the 9065F1 does well in altitudes of up to 2,000 m above sea level.
- This variety does best in areas that receive over 600 mm of rainfall annually, distributed throughout the growing season.
- The optical temperature requirement during the day and night is between 20 – 25°C and 15 – 17°C, respectively.
- Like all tomato varieties, the Star 9065 f1 requires deep, well-drained sandy loam or clay loam soils with an optimal pH range of 6.0 – 7.5.
How to get the Star 9065 f1 seeds
You can purchase the 9065F1 seed directly from the Starke Ayres Kenya shops countrywide. They also provide training on tomato farming, among other products that they offer.
Let us hear your star 9065f1 tomato experience in the comments section below. If you need the full tomato production manual at Ksh 300, kindly comment with your number below.