Are you looking for ways to make money blogging in Kenya?
If so, then this is the perfect guide for you. This guide will show you how to turn your passion into a profitable business. It also offers different ways of making money blogging and what steps one can take to start making money with their blog.
By reading this guide, you’ll be able to start earning an income from your blog within weeks! There are no special skills needed; just some time and effort on your part.
Let’s get started!
How can I start a blog and make money in Kenya?
Before making money blogging in Kenya, allow me to address how one can get started blogging.
If blogging is something that you’ve wanted to do for a while, you may already have the necessary tools and equipment such as a blog hosting site (such as blogger.com ), blogging software (such as WordPress), blogging theme (or template), and blog content or ideas.
So if blogging is now your career choice, congratulations! If blogging is still something you’re thinking about doing, stop thinking and start blogging.
To become a successful blogger, here’s what to do:
- Choose a blogging niche or topic that interests you. Don’t choose blogging as your career because it’s popular right now. Instead, select blogging because it excites and interests you. Do blogging right from the start, and don’t jump onto the blogging bandwagon.
- Maintain a regular blogging schedule as often as possible (frequency may vary depending on industry). Don’t post only when it feels like it, but instead make blogging a habit by posting at specific times of the week or day.
- Create high-quality blog content. This is your number one blogging priority, so make it a habit always to have top-notch blogging content at all times. In other words, do NOT publish any low-quality blogging material under any circumstances.
- Become an expert in blogging and your chosen blogging niche or topic. You must become the blogging authority in your blogging niche or blogging topic. This way, people will turn to you for your blogging expertise and tips on making money blogging in Kenya.
- Read other blogs and learn from the best by re-blogging (or reposting) great blogging material from those who are already successful bloggers (and follow them on social media). Avoid the temptation of copying others’ ideas and blogging material, but instead, try to imitate their content presentation style.
How can I make money blogging in Kenya?
Okay, now that you have started blogging and blogging regularly, it’s time to start making some extra income blogging in Kenya.
If you’re wondering how to make money blogging in Kenya, here are a few blogging money-making ideas:
1. Affiliate marketing
The first method of making money with your blog is affiliate marketing. You can make money blogging in Kenya using affiliate marketing by selling products and services from other companies through your blog.
For example, if you own a dog walking and grooming business and decide to start a blog, you can feature dog accessories and pet food that you sell via an affiliate link (a link that you can place in your blog content).
If a person decides to buy the product or service through your link, you earn a commission from the sale. This is an excellent way to make money blogging in Kenya and start earning an income through your blog!
2. Make Money with Google Adsense
A second way of making money with your blog is by opting for Google Adsense. This blogging revenue-sharing program allows you to display advertisements (such as text and image ads) and earn income from them.
Here’s how to make money blogging in Kenya with Google Adsense:
- You will need to apply to Google Adsense and get approved to start making money blogging in Kenya.
- Google will review your blog and let you know if they accept your blog for their advertising program or not. If you get accepted, then congratulations! You can now place Google ads on your blog and make money from it.
- You will need to sign up for Google Adsense and create an account. After you’re done with this, you can then apply to the ads that appear on your blog. You’ll make money blogging in Kenya through Google when people click on the ads placed on your blog. (Google will pay money into your account monthly).
3. Make money displaying target advertising
Display advertising is another way of making money blogging in Kenya. Online advertisers pay you to display their ads on your blog. This is an excellent way to monetize your blog and start generating some income from it.
The advertiser will decide how much they are willing to pay for displaying their ad on your blog, so the trick here is to have a popular blog with many visitors.
For example, if you have a perfume blog and want to make some money blogging in Kenya, you may get an offer from a local cosmetics company that wants its ads displayed on your website. If a person visits your blog and sees the ad, they click on it and purchase the product or service; you will earn money blogging in Kenya.
4. Make money with sponsored posts or reviews
If your blog has many visitors, you may get paid for writing sponsored posts or blog reviews. This is an excellent way to make money blogging in Kenya if your blog gets thousands of daily visitors.
You will need to approach a company that offers this type of service and ask them if they are willing to pay for a blog review or content promotion on your website. Typically a blog review involves placing a link back to the company’s website in your content.
5. Sell physical products on your blog
It’s also possible to make money blogging in Kenya by selling physical products on your blog.
Make sure that you have a way of shipping your products to the customer or taking orders over the phone if this is not possible.
Start selling t-shirts with funny designs, stationery items, books, and CDs. You can even sell cooking ingredients such as spices and sauces.
6. Sell digital products on your blog
Apart from selling physical products, you can also make money blogging in Kenya by selling digital products (a digital product is an information-based product).
Sell eBooks or online tutorials about something that your target audience is interested in. You can sell instructional videos for making crafts, cooking recipes, and baking desserts. If your blog focuses on health and fitness, you could sell workout plans and weight loss programs.
8. Monetize with your courses
You can monetize courses on your blog by selling via an email list if you have courses on your blog.
You will need to create a digital product first to have something to sell. The product can be an eBook or video tutorial.
When someone opts in to receive the free content, the person’s name and email address are added to your newsletter subscribers list. You can then email these subscribers information about your paid courses periodically and sell them via an email marketing campaign.
9. Get paid offering consulting services
If you are knowledgeable on a particular topic or have lots of experience in your field, you can get paid blogging in Kenya by offering consulting services.
You will need to create an information product which can be an eBook, video tutorial, or online course. Then you market the product and sell it for profit.
As an expert in your field, you can offer consulting services to people seeking your knowledge and expertise.
10. Become a freelance blogger
Another way to blog in Kenya is by becoming a freelance blogger. As the name suggests, you write blog posts for other online publishers. They usually require original content from you, which can be very time-consuming.
Freelance bloggers are paid based on the number of words used or how many visitors view their post so that the pay can be minimal. However, since the work is done online, it’s possible to do this while moving (for example, commuting).
11. Make money blogging in Kenya by selling your blog
Another way to monetize your blog is by selling it to a business that wants a presence on the web. This is known as selling your blog.
A company that wants to have a blog will pay for your blog’s domain name, hosting, and upkeep, along with an annual fee that would cover any extras that it requires (such as extra storage capacity).
In summary, the above are ways to make money from your blog. It’s up to you which one you choose and the amount of money you want to make from your blog.