This section will show you where to get logbook loans in Kenya and apply for one.
As the name suggests, a logbook loan is a loan where the borrower gives their car as collateral.
The borrower will still have the car and use it to continue paying the loan but cannot claim ownership. This is because the lender has the car’s logbook.
The car belongs to the lender until the loan has been fully paid.
In most cases, this form of loan can be classified as an emergency loan, especially if you need emergency money and have a car.
Where Can I get a Logbook loan in Kenya?
Here are places you can get a logbook loan in Kenya:
FinCredit offers you a secure way to access top logbook loans within the shortest turnaround time. It is, therefore, among the top logbook loan places in Kenya to try out the next time you require a quick loan.
Requirements to access this loan as just as those listed above for other firms. One will need to present the following:
- Utility bills copy to act as proof of your place of residence
- Copy of ID and KRA pin or a Passport if a resident in Kenya
- Car valuation certificate
- Certified bank statements and payslips for six months and three months, respectively.
2. Ngao Credit
Ngao Credit gives you up to 50 percent of the value of your car in less than 24 hrs to repay within a period of up to 20 months.
Unlike other creditors, you can borrow up to Kes 3million depending on the value of your car.
- Original logbook
- Original national ID & PIN
- Latest six months bank statements
- Post-dated cheque(s)
- Comprehensive insurance
3. Platinum Credit Logbook Loans
Platinum credit comes in second as a top logbook loan provider in Kenya. Moreover, Platinum credit has been around for a while now, offering the best to the customers. AtPlatinum Credit, all loans, including the logbook loan, are subjected to a loan appraisal process.
Once a loan has been approved, the loan will be disbursed within 24 hours, either Via Mpesa, cheque, or to a bank account.
Requirements to access this loan
- Copy of KRA Pin.
- One recent color passport-sized photographs
- Original Vehicle Logbook
- Clear copy of the original ID.
- Certified Bank statements for the last six months
- Valid Comprehensive Insurance cover.
- Certificate of Incorporation/registration for business owners
- Personal checkbook.
- The latest three months payslips and Contract letters for Salaried Employees
Features of Platinum credit Logbook loan
- Available within 24 hours of requesting the loan
- One can borrow a minimum of KES 50,000 and a maximum of KES 2,000,000
- The repayment period is up to 12 months
For more information, feel free to reach out to Platinum credit through this number – 0709 900 000 or 0730 900 000
4. Jijenge Credit
Jijenge credit is another place to secure a genuine logbook loan in Kenya. With Jijenge credit, there is less hassle in securing your loan.
The loan product is designed for Jijenge Credit clients to access quick logbook loans, especially those who own motor vehicles.
A client is eligible for up to 60% of the car market value.
- Must have an original & 2 copies of the logbook
- Two colored passport size photos
- The last 1-month bank & Mpesa statements certified
- Original & 2 copies of National ID.
- Two copies of the KRA pin certificate
- Valid Comprehensive Insurance certificate.
- Certificate of Incorporation / registration. (For Business owners only)
- Personal checkbook.
- Latest 1-month payslip and employment letter for Salaried Employees
Features of Jijenge credit Logbook loan
- you can access this loan in under an hour
- All applications are made online; fill out the form, click submit, and wait to respond.
- Easy repayment
- Quick approval – done under an hour
- No guarantors are required to access this logbook loan.
5. Mwananchi Credit Limited
Mwananchi credit limited is an incorporated private company that is one of Kenya’s most popular logbook loans.
The facility is secured using your car’s logbook of up to KSH. 20 million.
Individuals who qualify for the loan product must have a car, van, or motorcycle that will act as collateral.
The loan is then available in less than 24hrs which is more convenient for a client who needs quick money.
Features of the logbook loan by Mwanachi Credit
- The maximum processing time of this loan is 6 hours
- If the loan is for six months, it attracts a compound interest rate of 6%
- Up to 50% financing(forced sale value of the car)
- If the loan is for a year(12 months), the interest rate is at 6% on reducing the balance.
- Moreover, Mwananchi credit charges a 5% processing fee and a 1% insurance fee for the loan amount.
- One has to pay upfront a valuation fee of KES 4,000.
- Other costs that one has to incur include CRB check – KES 300, application form – KES 300, tracking fee – KES 7,500, and transfer fee – KES 2,500.
Requirements to access this loan
- The first thing to present, of course, should be your original logbook
- KRA Pin of Applicant
- A national ID of the Applicant
- 2 Passport Photos
- 6 Months Bank Statements
- Comprehensive Insurance Certificate
6. Africa Credit Limited
Africa Credit is a micro-finance company that offers loans serviced by motor vehicle logbooks.
7. Bridgewater Capital
With Bridge Water, you can request up to 1million logbook loans.
Once you qualify for the loan, you will receive it within 24 to 48 hours. To be eligible for a loan, your vehicle should be at least up to 10 years old.
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen
- Be in a position to show you can afford to pay the loan. This may mean you have a running business or are employed.
- Must own a vehicle that is free of finance and insured
8. Momentum Credit Logbook Loans
In addition to all the places listed above, Momentum credit offers the best logbook loans in Kenya. One can unlock up to 50% of the market value of their car within 24 hours of application.
At Momentum Credit, a client is eligible for up to KES 5,000,000 to receive it within 24 hours.
The institution lends you up to 50% of the value of your car.
- Must have three months’ payslips for the employed clients
- You need six months of active bank account
- Must have an original logbook
- Copy of National ID
- Copy of KRA Pin
- Proof of Residence
- One Passport Photo
- Proof of Comprehensive Insurance
9. Galpo Capital
At Galpo Capital, they arrange same-day loans in exchange for the registration document while you keep using your vehicle.
We finance 50% of the logbook value from a minimum of Ksh.50 000.
10. Mogo Credit
Mogo credit promises to offer you a top logbook car loan in Kenya in under 24 hours. Like Jijenge credit, Mogo Credit requires minimum documentation from the customer to process their request.
Feature of the loan
- One must own a car. If they do, you can access a loan of up to 80% market value of the car.
- Showing proof of income is also mandatory, and providing copies of ID, KRA Pin, and a logbook.
- The loan repayment period is up to 60 months, giving you ample time to repay it.
- Please visit mogo to apply.
11. Samchi Credit
Samchi Credit is another top provider of top logbook loans in Kenya. Here are the features of the Samchi credit logbook loan.
- Access a loan amount of up to 50% value of the car if it’s below eight years. If the car is above eight years, one can access up to 30% of its market value.
- One is required to present a valuation certificate
- Moreover, one should pay an upfront membership fee of KES 1,500
- Other fees to be incurred include a chattel cost of KES 4,500 and a processing fee of KES 5,500.
Why Log Book Loans?
These days, if you need some extra cash for an emergency, there are many options to look into. You can access some money by leveraging your vehicle logbook as security.
The logbook loans in Kenya are secured against the value of your car; you can use the loan to either expand a business, venture into a new business, or even an emergency that needs immediate mitigation.
This kind of loan is subject to a loan appraisal process. Once approved, the loan is usually disbursed within 24 hours or more, depending on the institution.
We, however, advise you only to consider a logbook loan in Kenya if you have been denied access to credit elsewhere.
How do I get a logbook loan in Kenya?
It is essential to understand that you need to know how this type of loan works before handing over your logbook. If you do not keep up with repayments, they could take your vehicle away.
Before you can be granted a loan, one of the requirements would be first to transfer the car ownership to the lender. Once you have paid off the loan, they will transfer the property back to you.
If you fail to repay your loan on time, they will sell off your car to recoup the loan interest plus the principal.
The loan amount applied depends on a few things; these include the car’s age, the amount of money you make, the mileage on the vehicle, and the general condition of the car. This will also determine the amount of money you will be required to pay monthly. In Kenya, interest rates on logbook loans can be high compared to mainstream finance.
On the other hand, the loans come with lower interest rates than different types of loans, even for people with bad credit, such as payday loans.
Logbook loans typically offer repayment periods between 12 – 36 months, which is much longer than you get with a payday loan. Plus, it provides more time to get your finances in order.
What do I need to get a logbook loan?
- You will be required to hand over your logbook or registration documents of the car to prove ownership as part of the loan process.
- The lender, by right, will conduct a check on your vehicle to make sure that the value given is indeed the correct one and that it’s free from other financial obligations. The lender will also want to confirm the ownership of the vehicle.
- Personal details will be requested as part of the process; this includes your financial information, e.g., income, regular expenditure, etc., and your physical address may be required.
- The lender also does a credit check and a review of loan affordability. This is done to ensure that you can make payments.
- Depending on the different lenders, the process can be completed in as little as one hour, and the cash transferred within 24 hours.