We live in a digital world where information is stored in cyberspace. This space has made it easy for many companies to make it big based on the Internet. Kenya is no exception; several Fintech Companies in Kenya have gone ahead and set standards when it comes to online transactions, whether financial or social media. For this reason, we shall look at a list of Fintech Companies in Kenya.
What is a Fintech Company?
A Fintech company is a financial technology company that uses technology to provide financial services. Financial technology, or FinTech, is a new industry that uses technology to improve financial services.
FinTech companies use technological innovations to create new products and services or improve existing ones. They can be start-ups or established companies, and they can operate in any financial industry sector, including banking, payments, lending, investments, and insurance.
Many FinTech companies are start-ups that use mobile technologies and the Internet to provide financial services to consumers and businesses. While some FinTech companies focus on consumer-facing products and services, others aim to improve financial institutions’ efficiency or provide new back-end infrastructure for the financial industry. In either case, FinTech companies are using technology to make the financial system more efficient, accessible, and user-friendly.
This article will show you a list of Fintech Companies in Kenya. The list is not in any order. However, if a Fintech Company is on this list, it is a great company.
Top Fintech Companies in Kenya
Here is a list of Fintech Companies in Kenya:
- Chura – Chura is a Kenyan, web, and SMS-based service that allows mobile users to access Airtime and Mobile money services across different mobile networks in Kenya.
- ConnectAfrica Payments – ConnectAfrica is a B2B technology Solution connecting various payment networks. Members of the hub can facilitate cross-network transfers.
- Direct Pay Online. – Direct Pay Online is a highly secure payment platform that makes payments simple. They enable businesses to accept credit cards, mobile payments, and cross-border payments in specific African Markets.
- Eastpesa – Eastpesa helps users send and receive the money within Kenya and East Africa (Uganda and Tanzania).
- Packline Systems
- PesaPal – Pesapal provides a simple, safe, and secure way for individuals and businesses to make and accept payments in Africa.
- Eclectics International – Eclectics International is a technology-savvy company transforming Africa through innovative, state-of-the-art tailor-made software solutions for the Banking, Financial, Agricultural, Transport & Public sector.
- Abacus – Abacus builds web and mobile software to help investors access African financial markets.
- Cellulant – Cellulant Corporation develops and provides a one-stop mobile payment platform for connecting businesses and governments in Africa. The company offers consumer payment, digital and neighborhood agency banking, and remittance solutions.
- GrassRoots Bima – GrassRoots Bima is an Insuretech company established to meet the mass market’s insurance needs through innovative, inclusive insurance.
- JamboPay – JamboPay is an online payment gateway that allows users to securely make and receive payments through mobile phones over the Internet.
- Kopo Kopo – Kopo Kopo has partnered with Kenya’s Safaricom to drive merchant acceptance via the “Lipa Na M-Pesa” service.
- Tala – Tala provides fast, personalized loans to approved borrowers and helps customers build a digital credit history, or financial identity, over time.
- Umati Capital
- Beyonic – This Fintech Company makes it easy for businesses to reduce cash risk & go mobile across their operations. Beyonic helps digitize payment workflow and enables businesses to pay people with mobile money.
- BitPesa – BitPesa makes it quick, easy, and cost-effective for any business, anywhere in the world, to send and receive money from frontier markets
- Branch – Branch International is a fast and affordable loan giver in Kenya, taking care of everybody, including the remote area dwellers and the unbanked. Learn how to get a loan on Branch App in Kenya.
- Caytree Financial – Caytree Financial helps businesses grow their business and sell more through powerful marketing platforms and financial tools.
- Popote Payments – Popote Payments is an online and mobile innovation app that uses mobile money to enable you to make and manage your payments with total control, mobility, and up-to-date record keeping. Popote Payments replaces cash, cheques & expense accounting with an all-in-one, safe & fast solution.
Fintech companies in Kenya are growing at a very high rate and continue to create competition among themselves. The number is expected to increase in the coming years.