Are you looking for a safari company to take you on a fantastic Kenyan adventure?
You’ve come to the right place! Choosing a safari company can be overwhelming, especially if this is your first time. That’s why we created this guide – you can make the best decision when booking your trip.
Many companies out there, but not all of them offer the same quality of service or experience. This guide will help you understand what makes an excellent safari company and which features are most important for your next Kenyan adventure. With our help, choosing between them won’t be so hard!
What is a safari company, and what does it do?
Many people believe that a safari company is just one big bus taking tourists from place to place, but this couldn’t be further from the truth! There are many different types of companies offering a wide range of services.
Some of the most common types include:
Tour companies – These are responsible for planning and organizing your trip. They book all your activities, including safaris, tours, and transfers between destinations. At their core, they provide general travel services such as booking accommodations, planning excursions, and providing advice about logistics.
Inbound companies are similar to tour companies but offer package deals that include all your activities and accommodations. They usually work with a range of accommodation providers, restaurants, and other businesses to provide a complete experience for their clients.
Outbound companies – Unlike inbound companies, these offer trips from outside the country. Many specialize in East Africa safaris, but some also focus on South and West African options.
Specialist companies – These work with a specific group of tourists. For example, some companies only arrange family holidays, honeymoons, or female-only tours.
Specialist tourism boards – The Kenyan Tourism Board is an example of a company that falls under this category. These government-operated services aim to give tourists more information about the country they are visiting. The Kenyan Tourism Board, for example, provides practical information, e.g., entry requirements, destination guides, and general advice on preparing for your trip.
How do you choose the right safari company for you???
Choosing a company can be overwhelming, especially if this is your first time. That’s why it’s essential to research ahead of time to make the process easier.
There are several factors you should consider when choosing between safari companies, including:
- Cost – How much will your trip cost? Do they fit into your budget? How does the price compare to other options on the market?
- Location – Where are they based? Do they offer trips to multiple destinations? This tip might help you save money on transfers and accommodation if their base location is closer to where you plan to go.
- Destination expertise – Look for companies in Kenya or one of the countries you visit. This way, they’ll be able to offer more personal advice about your specific destination, which can make a big difference in your overall experience.
- Quality of safaris – What is included in their safari package? How many hours per day are spent looking for wildlife? Are there extra activities included, e.g., cultural tours?
- Accommodation – Where will you be staying during your Kenyan adventure? Look for companies with high-quality accommodations providers that meet specific standards, e.g., the minimum number of stars.
- Duration of tours – How long will your trip last? Do you need transfers between destinations? Can you get from your airport to your final destination in one day, or do you need night stops during the journey?
- Several travelers – Are you going on a family trip or a solo adventure? This will help you choose between inbound and outbound companies with different minimum numbers of passengers requirements.
- Language – Do the company employees speak the most common language in your country? Choosing a service that can communicate quickly, especially if you need to assistance, is essential.
- In addition, it’s essential to look for well-known, well-established, experienced, and reputable safari companies. These include: – Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) approved tour operators- KRA license holders – Tourist Board of Kenya, licensed tour operators – Hotel brands that also operate tours e .g., Sarova Hotels & Lodges. There are many benefits to choosing a company with these credentials. For instance, you can expect them to offer high customer service and quality standards. They’ll provide more comprehensive tour packages, which cover tours that match your needs, budget, and preferences.
It’s important to note that some tour companies emphasize specific activities more. Horseback riding and boat cruises are everyday activities offered by some safari companies, while others don’t include them at all. Try not to make assumptions based on company names; for example, “Ultimate Kenya Safaris” does not necessarily offer boat rides along the Mara River!